IMPACT of MANUSHI REPORT!
We are vindicated yet again!
On September 13, 2021, I had published the following article addressed to the Home Minister on the dubious role of foreign-funded NGOs in monopolizing the agenda of police reforms in an article entitled, "Dangerous to Outsource Police Reforms to Foreign Funded NGOs".
I had focused on two major NGOs: Indian Police Foundation & Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative. This NGO is also linked to the Urban Naxal news portal, The Wire. Apart from getting crores of rupees from dubious foreign agencies, CHRI is a sepoy of The Open Society set up by the notorious tycoon, George Soros.
It gives me great satisfaction to inform you that MHA has suspended the FCRA approval of CHRI. Here is the link to the report:
Let us hope and pray, the suspension is just the beginning. The activities of CHRI deserve to be investigated and due action taken. The leading light of CHRI is Maja Daruwala, daughter of the highly venerated former Army Chief, Sam Maneckshaw! Foreign agencies have for decades been enrolling the wives, sons, and daughters of the army and naval chiefs, senior IAS, IPS officers, and even blood relatives of judges and ministers. This is a cause for deep concern.
To the Hon’ble Home Minister Amit Shah ji,
Why is a Foreign Funding linked NGO—Indian Police Foundation (IPF), allowed to defraud the nation by masquerading as a Home Ministry body?
I am writing this to bring to your notice an outrageous fraud being committed by a private NGO which advertises itself as Indian Police Foundation (IPF) on its website but is actually registered as Police Foundation & Institute India.
The fact that it is allowed to function from the official headquarters of Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D for short), lends credibility to the pretense that this NGO is patronized by or set up by the Home Ministry as an extension of BPR&D. I became aware of this scam when the IPF issued the following condemnatory statement through their Twitter handle @IPF_ORG against Sudarshan News’ program exposing UPSC Jihad by the Zakat Foundation of India:
The hate story carried on a Noida TV channel against minority candidates joining IAS/IPS is dangerous bigotry. We refrain from retweeting it because is pure venom.
We hope #NewsBroadcastingStandardsAuthority, #UPPolice and concerned government authorities take action.
On the face of it, this harsh, ill-informed and vindictive statement appeared like a sarkari condemnation backed by demand for prompt action by NBSA and UP police.
The name “Indian Police Foundation” creates the impression that it is an official body of the Indian police. But when I visited the website of IPF, I was surprised to find that it is an NGO started by several retired as well as some serving police officers and senior bureaucrats. Such fraudulent use of “Indian” by an NGO is an offence under Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950.
The executive committee of IPF as well as its general body has a good number of persons from other professions. While studying their website, I found that many of its members, including the chairman are personally known to me. Therefore, I was doubly intrigued by the aggression and hostility displayed by the IPF on an issue which is outside the domain of police reforms – the self-avowed objective of IPF.
Assuming Role of Media Watchdog, Parambir Style: The reason this matter caught my eye is that by a remarkable coincidence, just three days before Sudarshan News aired its first episode on UPSC Jihad, I had written an open letter to Prime Minister Modi on the same subject. In my letter I appealed to the PM to get National Investigative Agency (NIA) to investigate the Zakat Foundation of India plus the antecedents of all the ZFI funded and trained IAS/IPS/IRS/IFS candidates who got selected to elite civil services of India. My plea was backed by irrefutable evidence that Zakat Foundation of India (ZFI) has direct as well as indirect links to ISI of Pakistan and several globally networked terrorist organizations, including Zakir Naik’s Islamic Research Foundation and Lashkar-E-Taiba. Such an organization officially training Muslim youth to appear for and get selected in the UPSC exam in order to capture seats in the IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS and other civil services is a matter of great concern. In my letter to the PM, I had pointed out that the very existence of an organization like Zakat Foundation of India within democratic India is testimony to a massive Intelligence failure. What is worse, it has been allowed to grow into a hydra headed monster with its open declaration that it plans to “capture” the Home ministry plus key posts in the Indian bureaucracy at its highest echelons so that rabid Islamists acquire effective control over India.
The normal response of police officers to such an expose would be to feel alarmed about the national security implications of such a plan by front organizations of Islamic terrorists. Instead I was shocked to find senior IPS officers—both serving and retired—connected with the Indian Police Foundation, jump in to defend Zakat Foundation of India and attack us, the whistle blowers. What is worse even the official body of police officers, namely the IPS Association, whose mandate is only to deal with service matters of police officers, issued the following vituperative statement against Sudarshan News through their twitter handle @IPS_Association:
A news story targeting candidates in civil services on the basis of religion is being promoted by Sudarshan TV. We condemn the communal and irresponsible piece of journalism.
Dear Home Minister, since when have you started training police officers to act in judgement over journalists and launch attacks on the freedom of media, that too at the behest of terrorist organizations? Does this not point to systematic infiltration by Jehadi elements into our entire security apparatus? I don’t remember the IPF issuing any such statement against the Tukde Tukde Gangsters or even the subversive elements who mobilized Shaheen Bagh seditionists masked as “peaceful protestors”. Thankfully enough, recently retired IPS officer, M. Nageswara Rao stood up against this outrageous public intervention by the IPS Association by tweeting:
@IPS_Association poking into this non-Service issue is ill advised…Has IPSA EC authorized it or someone firing from IPSA shoulder?
It was a big morale booster for me to find that Sudarshan News had gathered a lot more evidence in support of #UPSCJehad being launched by Zakat Foundation of India, not from hear say, but from the websites of Zakat Foundation of India and allied organizations plus the lectures and speeches of prominent leaders of Muslim community, including those managing the Zakat Foundation of India. Therefore, I willingly participated in the programs aired by Sudarshan News.
Not just me but almost everyone who participated in the four programs aired by Sudarshan News (before individuals close to Zakat Foundation of India managed to get a stay order from the Supreme Court of India on the airing of the rest episodes in that series) repeatedly emphasized that we have no problem with Muslims securing positions in the IAS and other elite services; We are ringing an alarm bell only because of Zakat Foundation of India’s terror links and its general orientation of coming out in support of terrorists of J&K and elsewhere, including those involved in attack on the Indian Parliament.
Curious History of IPF: The reason I seek a clarification whether the Home Ministry has decided to patronize the IPF is as follows:
- The IPF handle describes itself as ‘an independent think tank bringing together, police & citizens to work for police reform & scientific policing’. It gives www.policefoundationindia.org as its website address.
- However, “Police Foundation & Institute India” happens to be a Society registered with the Registrar of Societies in 2014. Its Registration Number is S/ND/490/2014 and the registration address is at a flat in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
- Curiously, IPF operates out of the BPR&D (Bureau of Police Research & Development) Building in Mahipalpur, Delhi. The BPR&D happens to be a division of the Union Home Ministry. It is beyond comprehension how and why an NGO functions from the official building of a department of the home ministry!
- This NGO has many serving and retired bureaucrats in leadership positions including from the Comptroller and Auditor General Department, Central Vigilance Commission, paramilitary forces, intelligence agencies, criminal investigation agencies and leaderships of state law enforcement agencies. It also has roped in few big names from the corporate sector and industry, notable among them being Deepak Parekh, Raghav Raman. All these facts raise serious questions about its relationship to the BPR&D and the home ministry.
IPF was established and continues to be led by the following persons:
- Chairman: Shri Prakash Singh IPS (Retd.), ex DG BSF, DGP, UP And Assam
- President and Founder: Shri Ramachandran IPS (Retd), ex DGP Assam and Meghalaya.
- Treasurer: Shri Sudhir Pratap Singh IPS (Retd), ex DG NSG
The Executive Council consists of retired and still in-service police officers, bureaucrats, journalists and business leaders. In addition to the abovementioned three office bearers, the Executive Council consists of the following members:
- VSK Kaumudi, DG BPR&D;
- Ajit Pai, OSD to Vice Chairman, Niti Ayog;
- Deepak Parekh, Chairman, HDFC (corporate leader);
- G.K Pillai, IAS (Retd), ex-Home Secretary, Government of India
- K Ganga, Former Dy Comptroller & Auditor General;
- Nandkumar Saravade, CEO, Reserve Bank Information Technology Ltd;
- Nitin Gokhale, Author & Senior Journalist;
- Raghu Raman, Former CEO, Natgrid, Senior Fellow ORG;
- Shri A P Maheshwari, DG CRPF;
- Rashesh Shah, President FICCI, Chairman and CEO Edelweiss Group;
- Sanjoy Hazarika, Author & Senior Journalist plus International Director CHRI;
- Satwant Atwal Trivedi, Jt Secretary NATGRID, Govt of India
This is followed by an equally impressive list of General Council members that includes several retired officials and many serving IPS officers and other highly placed government functionaries.
Here is a list of retired officers in the General Council:
- Rajiv Jain, Former Director Intelligence Bureau;
- D. R. Doley Barman, Former Director, SVP National Police Academy, Hyderabad;
- Ish Kumar, Former DG, National Crime Records Bureau;
- Julio F Ribeiro; IPS (Retd) Former Mumbai Police Commissioner, Former DGP, Punjab;
- Jacob Punnoose, Former Director General, Kerala;
- J N Chaudhry, Former DG NSG Former DGP Assam;
- M. L. Kunawat, Former Director General, Border Security Force;
- Madhav Godbole, Former Union Home Secretary;
- Air Marshal (Retd) M Matheswaran; Former Dy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff;
- M R Reddy, Former Director, SPG, Former Secretary, Security;
- O.P. Singh, Former Director General Police, UP
- P. C. Haldar, Former Director Intelligence Bureau;
- R. K. Raghavan, Former Director, CBI;
- Sanjeev Dayal, Former Director General of Police, Maharashtra;
- Shyamal Dutta, Former Governor, Nagaland Former Director I.B.;
- Lt. Gen Ata Hasnain, PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, SM, VSM & BAR, (Retd);
- Sudhir Kumar, Former Secretary (S) Former Vigilance Commissioner, CVC;
- Sunil Kumar, Former Chief Secretary Chhattisgarh
The following members are still serving in high positions:
- R N Ravi, Governor of Nagaland
- K. Vijay Kumar, Senior Advisor, MHA
- Archana Ramasundaram-, Member, Lokpal of India,
- Aashish Gupta, Secretary Central IPS Asscociation;
- P.V. Rama Sastry, Addl DG UP
- Pankaj Singh, Addl DG, Border Security Force; (son of Prakash Singh Chairman IPF)
- Renuka Mishra, ADGP, Uttar Pradesh;
- Vikas Sahay, DG, Gujarat Police University;
- Rishi Raj Singh, DG, Prisons & Correctional Services Kerala;
- Abhinav Kumar, Inspector General Police, Uttarakhand
- Satwant Atwal Trivedi, Joint Secretary NATGRID, Govt of India
Members from non-government sector are a curious mix:
- Aparna Piramal Raje, Columnist, Writer (who also happens to be the wife of the owner VIP luggage);
- Arvind Verma, Professor, Department of Criminal Justice, Indiana University, Bloomington (USA);
- Deepika Rajawat, Advocate J&K High Court Jammu, an infamous lawyer with a questionable reputation who rose to sudden fame due to her devious role in the Asifa murder case;
- Dr J M Vyas, Vice Chancellor, Gujarat Forensic Sciences University;
- Maja Daruwala, Senior Advisor, Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI), Formerly Director CHRI for 10 years;
- Nishit Sahay, George Mason University;
- Patricia Mukhim, Editor, The Shillong Times, Member NSAB;
- Prasanna Karthik, Fulbright Fellow & Clinton Fellow, Former Policy Consultant to Defence Ministry of India. Columbia University;
- Pravin Swami, Senior Journalist & Author;
- Prof S. Parasuraman, Former Director, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai;
- Some of these worthies have formidable reputations and clout. I am by no means raising questions on their credentials. My questions relate only to the legality and modus operandi of IPF.
Opaque Funding Sources of IPF: In the statement filed by IPF on Niti Aayog’s Darpan portal, the society has declared that for the financial years 2015-2016 and 2016-2017, expenses were met by contributions made by members. No information regarding its funding has been provided for subsequent years. At the website #GivingTuesdayIndia, there is a page for IPF which mentions annual expenditure of Rs 10.9 lakhs. But its not clear, which year is covered by that. (See https://www.givingtuesdayindia.org/ngo-detail/21513). The IPF claims to have several persons employed as regular staff and they organize glamorous meetings with top notch VIPs invited as speakers and guests. Is the BPR&D/Home Ministry paying their salaries and for their glamorous functions? IPF maintains a studious silence on their income and expenditure.
Their web site describes the process of acquiring membership, whereby a candidate must apply and have his/her application vetted before acceptance. There is no membership fees but each applicant is expected to give a minimum donation of Rs. 10,000. (https://www.policefoundationindia.org/membership-ipi) IPF claims to have State-wise chapters but we were unable to find a comprehensive list of members of the state units.
Worrisome Role of Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI) in IPF: However, the most heavy weight members are the following two from “civil society”, a euphemism for foreign funded NGOs. They play a lead role in the affairs of CHRI:
- Shri Sanjoy Hazarika: Senior Journalist and current Director of CHRI;
- Maja Daruwala: She is currently a Senior Advisor to CHRI but she served as a Director of CHRI for long years. Before that, she was a representative of the Ford Foundation for South Asia. She is also associated with Namati, an advocacy organization based in the United States and which claims support from the US Department of State. (https://namati.org/who-we-are/).
Maja Daruwala, the queen bee of the foreign funded NGOs is also on the board of "Open Society Justice Initiative" of George Soros among many other global NGOs. The Form-990 of financial year 2016 of the "Foundation to Promote Open Society" established by George Soros shows a donation of US$ 1.4 million to Namati.
For the record, Maja Daruwala, also happens to be the daughter of Field Marshal Manekshaw and is therefore very well connected in the power circuits of Lutyens Delhi. It is well known that foreign funding organization have a special yen for sons, daughters and wives of senior defence officers, IAS and IPS officers. They likewise recruited the daughter of Admiral Ramdas, chief of Naval Staff into Ford Foundation, first as in-charge of South Asia operations and later as senior advisor to the President of Ford Foundation. It is noteworthy that Kavita Ramdas married a Pakistani named Zulfiqar Ahmed, while her father was still the Naval Chief. Admiral Ramdas’s wife, who ran an NGO, was also a Ford grantee. That paved the way for Ford-Foundation-funded-Urban-Naxals like Gautam Navlakha and Tapan Bose to recruit Admiral Ramdas himself as a lead activist for their Indo-Pak-Peace-Nautankis at the behest of ISI.
CHRI—one of the big-daddy foreign-funded NGO began spearheading the campaign for “police reforms” along with Shri Prakash Singh long before IPF was formally constituted in the year 2014. The intimate relation of CHRI with IPF is evident from the fact that many of the IPF events have been co-organized by CHRI. It is worth investigating whether CHRI also passes on money to IPF since the funding sources of IPF are not clear while those of CHRI are dubious and questionable. Retired IAS officer and former chief information commissioner, Shri Wajahat Habibullah is the Chief Functionary of CHRI. He is well known to have cozy relations with JKLF and other separatist groups of Kashmir. Habibullah is also a member of international think tanks such as Brookings Centre, Doha, the Tarraqi Foundation, Qatar http://tarraqiifoundation.org/mr-wajahat-habibullah/. Most of these foreign think tanks are known to lend intellectual respectability to Break-up India Forces.
Questionable Funding Sources of CHRI: This NGO claims to be an “independent, non-partisan & non-profit international non-governmental organization which works towards the practical realization of human rights in the countries of the Commonwealth.” I find it bizarre when NGOs claim to be “independent and non-partisan” even while they are tied to the apron strings or coat tails of foreign agencies of dubious intent and sinister agendas.
CHRI’s pretense of being “independent and non-partisan” appears laughable when you consider the money bags behind it. CHRI received Rs. 53.17 crores in funds from abroad through the FCRA route from 2015 to 2019. Their donors include:
- The British High Commission – an agency of the United Kingdom;
- US Department of State (American Embassy);
- The Fund for Global Human Rights-US;
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom – A German organization headed by leaders of the German Free Democratic Party, who have also been members of the German Federal and State Government;
- Hans Seidel Foundation – a German think tank and non-profit partially funded by the German State and by the Christian Social Union, a German political party that operates primarily in the German State of Bavaria;
- Open Society Foundation – an organization run by George Soros, the Global financier. They received funds form this organization as recently as 2016-2017. George Soros become prominent in Indian affairs after his announcement of a fund to effect regime change in India;
- Ford Foundation – an organization in America that has been in the news for too many controversial grants with special fondness for members of the notorious Tukde-Tukde-Gang and its close cousin, The Award-Wapsi-Brigade.
Each one of these donors has distinct political agendas which have rarely, if ever, been in tune with India’s national interests. But I would like to focus on the following two which are particularly notorious:
Culprit No 1, Ford Foundation: Ford’s links with the American spy agency, the CIA have been documented in countless articles and research papers. This Foundation has consistently funded self-declared “social movements” that have used the mask of pro-poor politics to work against India's socio, political and economic interests. It is no coincidence that most of the NGOs, academics, journalists, artists and writers funded by the Ford Foundation in India have gravitated in support of Tukde Tukde Gang and the Shaheen Bagh linked insurgency. James Petras, a Bartle Professor (Emeritus) of Sociology at Binghampton University, New York, and author of: “Globalization Unmasked: Imperialism in the 21st Century” has ably exposed the intimate relationship between the CIA and the Ford Foundation. In a 2001 article titled 'The Ford Foundation and the CIA', he wrote,
The CIA uses philanthropic foundations as the most effective conduit to channel large sums of money to Agency projects without alerting the recipients to their source. From the early 1950s to the present the CIA's intrusion into the foundation field was and is huge. A US Congressional investigation in 1976 revealed that nearly 50% of the 700 grants in the field of international activities by the principal foundations were funded by the CIA (Who Paid the Piper? The CIA and the Cultural Cold War, Frances Stonor Saunders, Granta Books, 1999, pp. 134-135)." (https://www.ratical.com/ratville/CAH/FordFandCIA.html).
The CIA considers foundations such as Ford "The best and most plausible kind of funding cover" (Ibid, p. 135). The collaboration of respectable and prestigious foundations, according to one former CIA operative, allowed the Agency to fund "a seemingly limitless range of covert action programs affecting youth groups, labor unions, universities, publishing houses and other private institutions" (p. 135). The latter included "human rights" groups beginning in the 1950s to the present. One of the most important "private foundations" collaborating with the CIA over a significant span of time in major projects in the cultural Cold War is the Ford Foundation. …
It is not as if your government is unaware of the political shenanigans of the Ford Foundation. Among its many sinister acts, you are well aware of how many of its proteges played a lead role in cooking up the fake narrative around the 2002 Gujarat riots in order to hound you and PM Modi while you were both presiding over the Government of Gujarat.
In 2016, the Government of India was all set to expel Ford Foundation for having committed serious violations of law in setting up its offices here without going through proper legal procedures. Unfortunately, the BJP government was pressured to surrender and allowed Ford to continue unhindered as is evident from this report in Business Standard dated October 28, 2016: “How Ford foundation Got the Modi govt to back off from its expulsion move”.(https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/revealed-how-ford-foundation-got-the-modi-government-to-back-off-from-its-expulsion-move-116102700362_1.html).
Culprit No 2: The Open Society of George Soros: The cozy association of leading IPF members with George Soros is also a cause for deep concern. Soros used his close ties with the Democratic Party in the US to massively expand his footprint in India during the Obama Presidency. Since then he has been interloping in the internal affairs of India through the vast network of organizations funded by him. These organizations have been fairly successful manipulating the political narrative in order to seduce the bureaucracy, the political class as well as the judiciary and media into endorsing the politics of Break Up India Forces—all in the guise of defending human rights or working for “governance reforms” as does CHRI.
It is noteworthy that Maja Daruwala is one of five "activists" along with the likes of Romila Thapar to have filed a PIL in the Supreme Court to seek the release of the Maoists accused of mayhem in Bhima Koregoan violence during the Elgar Parishad in which several died and hundreds were injured. The plan behind organizing Elgar Parishad was to trigger a civil war in Maharashtra using a spurious narrative of caste oppression with Christo-Maoists and Islamists at the helm of this mayhem. Like all Ford grantees, Maja considers those arrested by NIA as “innocents” and declares that cases against them amount to violation of human rights. Ford Foundation has converted countless intellectuals and activists into Urban Naxals and civil-war-mongers operating as “defenders of human rights” whose hearts bleed selectively only for sworn enemies of India. (https://www.thequint.com/news/india/petitioners-romila-thapar-devaki-prabhat-patnaik-satish-maja-daruwala-bhima-koregaon).
Police Reforms introduced as a result of PILs backed by CHRI are of dubious value: Earlier the entire police force in India was governed by the Police Act of 1861. With all its limitations, it created an all India uniformity in systems and procedures for the police to work seamlessly. Ever since the Supreme Court ruled in favour of CHRI backed code of police reforms in response to Prakash Singh’s PIL, every State in India has passed its own police laws in the name of ‘reforming the police.’ Its implications for States ruled by parties that are working under the influence of Commies, Islamists and Evangelicals can be well imagined.
Back door capture of all key institutions by Foreign Funded NGOs: These shady foreign funded NGOs have spread their tentacles in all important national institutions: the higher levels of bureaucracy, judiciary, academia, the media as well as all our cultural institutions, including the Bollywood film industry as well as its regional clones. Their vast network in rural areas have led to the rise of Maoist insurgency and various secessionist movements in the North Eastern States of India as well as Dravidian separatism in the South.
Thankfully for us, George Soros is brazen about his India-wrecking agenda. For instance, in his speech at Davos in February 2020, he attacked India with the following declaration:
Nationalism, far from being reversed, made further headway. The biggest and most frightening setback occurred in India where a democratically elected Narendra Modi is creating a Hindu nationalist state, imposing punitive measures on Kashmir, a semi-autonomous Muslim region, and threatening to deprive millions of Muslims of their citizenship.”
Soros has publicly pledged a billion dollars for a university network in order to halt and sabotage the spread of nationalism world-wide. The NGOs spawned by Soros are engaged in a proxy war against India that too in cohorts with Pakistan as evident from the support Soros openly gave to the insurgency linked to violent agitations against the Citizenship Amendment Act 2020.
In his February 2020 Davos speech, George Soros openly censured PM Modi for bringing in CAA and termed it as an anti-Muslim measure without the least concern for the persecuted Hindu refugees from Pakistan and Bangladesh for whose benefit a very modest law was enacted.
Objectionable public utterances by bureaucrats linked to IPF: Many of these worthies, especially the once famed cop, Julio Ribeiro, has literally turned into an anti BJP activist and does not hesitate in peddling the fake narrative regarding “Hindu Terror”. He continued doing so even when later investigation proved that Sadhavi Pragya nearly died due to third degree torture during her incarceration by the Maharashtra police and Colonel Purohit was brutalized by Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) of Maharashtra police for the “crime” of cracking the SIMI terror cells in India.
Similarly, another worthy member of their board, G K Pillai has often gone out of his way to make statements on “saffron terror”. For instance, as Home Secretary, he got himself invited to a known den of Urban Naxals in Delhi, namely the Women’s Press Corps—and pontificated lavishly on the dangers of the spread of “saffron terror”. Even though it was well known that Aseemanand had been subjected to third degree torture by the police to force a confession of guilt from him, Pillai talked at length on Aseemanand’s alleged role in Samjhauta Express blast and the Ajmer Dargah blasts in his interaction with Women’s Press Corps members.
The political orientation of the IPF group under the sinister influence of CHRI is evident from the fact that have never uttered a word against Maoists lynching of innocent Sadhus of Juna Akhara at Palghar with direct complicity of Maharashtra Police. Nor have they found their voice in condemning the demonic hounding of Republic TV & Arnab Goswami by Mumbai Police Commissioner Parambir Singh or his brazen cover up of Sushant Singh murder case. (https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/elections/lok-sabha/india/8-ex-dgps-come-out-strongly-against-pragya-thakurs-despicable-comments-on-karkare/articleshow/68980907.cms)
It speaks volumes that while Prakash Singh, Julio Rebeiro, Jacob Punoose etc took no time to condemn Sadhvi Pragya Thakur for her ill-timed statement that her curses may have led to Hemant Karkare’s death because he subjected her to inhuman torture, they have never uttered a word against Karkare’s rakshasi conduct in trapping & incarcerating innocents like Pragya and Col Purohit to extract fake confessions regarding “Hindu terror” groups out of them. Likewise, Prakash Singh’s IPF and CHRI happily ignore attacks on security forces by Naxals in the Red Corridor as well as by Jehadis of Kashmir. But they rise valiantly in defence of Jehadis, Maoists & whoever is caught in acts of insurgency against the Indian state. All this clearly indicates the kind of police reforms we are likely to get courtesy IRF & CHRI.
Foreign Funded NGOs leading the Govt of India by the nose: Dear Home Minister, we demand to know why has the Government of India outsourced the job of police reforms which has intimate connection with the national security issues, to NGO’s propped up by dubious foreign agencies working to wreck India? Why is CHRI being enabled to lead senior bureaucracy and topmost police officers by creating what appears like its front organizations such as the IPF? For the record, Maja Daruwala is is a regular fixture at training sessions for new recruits as well as for reorientation of senior IPS officers organized by the Police Academy. This has enabled her & the likes of Harsh Mander to indoctrinate the police to be kind towards enemies of India–all in the name of "defending human rights".
Such intrusions by foreign funded NGO’s into policy and law making has succeeded in most important ministries and government departments. Because of their political and monetary clout– including patronage of foreign governments and powerful evangelical organizations– ministers, bureaucrats, police officers, judges, MPs, MLAs happily dance to their tunes.
If those who occupy highest positions of power in the Government of India feel that they don’t have the competence to decide on appropriate policies, legislative and administrative affairs, why subject us to the rule of dubious NGO’s planted by foreign agencies? Why not formally ask the American or some European government to take charge of governing of India so that we don’t have to suffer the rule of proxies and puppets? Citizens of India would prefer dealing with the real power wielders so that we don’t live in delusion that we are in independent nation and can plan our survival strategies accordingly.
All of these facts raise important questions which only you as the Home Minister can answer:
- Who has allowed a society registered as "Police Foundation & Police Institute", to fraudulently prefix/suffix "Indian" and masquerade as an official body? Such fraudulent use of “Indian” being an offence under Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950. Why has no legal action has been taken in this matter?
- How is that an NGO like IPF with opaque sources of funding, is allowed to function from the official headquarters of BPR&D in the heart of Delhi? Is the BPR&D also surreptitiously funding its operations? If so, why?
- Whether serving officers and other govt dignitaries such as Advisor to MHA, Governor of Nagaland etc who are the Members and/or Governing Board of Police Foundation, have taken permission of Govt to be members of IPF?
- On the one hand, the Government of India is selectively ( often farcically) targeting foreign funded NGO’s. On the other hand, why is the government allowing NGOs like CHRI with questionable sources of funding to exercise influence over and even dominate organizations of serving and retired bureaucrats as well as police officers?
Intelligence agencies, including the Armed forces intelligence units, have documented in the minute detail the cosy relationship between foreign donor agencies with our bureaucracy, police top brass, judiciary and even highest ranking defence officials. They have provided extensive inputs regarding enormous clout to foreign funded NGOs in policy making, legislation as well as over media and educational institutions of India. Such NGOs are used as consultants and advisors by most central ministries as well as by state governments. Why are those warnings being ignored?
While we welcome the recent FCRA amendment rules which prohibit public servants from receiving foreign funds but this should include retired bureaucrats, IPS, IRS, IFS officers also. Most important of all, wives, sons and daughters of public servants also be barred from becoming hirelings of foreign agencies. Too many of our defence officers have been compromised and became willing instruments of foreign powers because their family members were given key positions in powerful foreign donor agencies. For instance, soon after his retirement, Admiral Ramdas was seduced to assume leadership of Pro-Pak NGOs in India since his wife and daughter have been associated with the Ford Foundation. Senior IPS officers like Amod Kanth and Kiran Bedi set up foreign funded NGOs even while in service to enable them to indulge five star global jet setting. Many senior bureaucrats let their family members set up foreign funded NGOs as part of post retirement planning because the five star life style and global jet-setting made available by western donors agencies lures the best of them to compromise Indian interests. This must stop.
We also appreciate the fact that retired and serving IPS and IAS officers want to work together for police reforms. However, this work better not be at the behest of foreign agencies, some of them openly hostile to India and are actively promoting Break up India forces.
Need for judicial enquiry into the affairs of IPF: A nation which allows such a free run to its external enemies and allows them to position and patronise subversive elements at all levels of the government machinery cannot retain its independence and autonomy for long. In view of the association of so many bureaucrats and police officers with IPF, an administrative or a police enquiry will be an exercise in futility. We therefore urge you to order a judicial enquiry by a judge of impeccable credentials to comprehensive investigate into the affairs of IPF and its handlers. Importantly, the judicial enquiry should cover the damage wrecked by IPF on the Indian police system misusing the judicial process in the name of police reforms, and its long term deleterious effects on national security, unity and integrity of India.