MANUSHI welcomes Interns, including those from abroad, all the year round.
Paid Internships: We pay interns an honorarium of Rs. 10,000 ( or more) if they come for a minimum of six months or more.
Unpaid Internships: Those who come for short duration internship with the main aim of padding their CV for their job applications or admission to various universities are also taken in but not paid.
Job Prospect for Interns: Those who are regular and deliver quality work within the given time frame may be offered the choice of a regular paid job at the end of internship period.
We expect interns to be competent in at least one or two of the following skills:
- Editing, proofreading;
- Making short documentary films and interview-based videos;
- Content writing;
- Website management;
- Designing, illustrations, graphics, photography;
- Translation from Hindi to English and vice versa;
- Transcription of videos in Hindi and English;
- Help in organising workshops, conferences;
- Social Media outreach;
- Managing advocacy campaigns;
- Fund Raising.
Our Expectations from Interns: The most important expectation from Interns is that they be serious about the commitment they make. They have to be regular in maintaining the time and work schedule assigned to them. This discipline is expected from both paid as well as unpaid interns.