Prof Kapil Kapoor Live with Madhu Kishwar
Prof. Kapil Kapoor has a long list of accomplishments:
- He taught at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, for many years, as Professor of English (in the Centre for Linguistics and English) and as Concurrent Professor at JNU’s Special Centre for Sanskrit Studies (now School of Sanskrit and Indic Studies).
- He was also Dean of the School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies (1996-1999) and JNU’s Rector (Pro-Vice-Chancellor, 1999-2002). Prof Kapoor has been a member of numerous bodies, among them the Indian Council of Philosophical Research, the Central University of Higher Tibetan Studies, Sarnath, and the Sanchi University of Buddhist and Indic Studies, Madhya Pradesh.
- He chaired the important MHRD Language Expert Committee for Comprehensive Language Policy for India, whose report is under consideration.
- He steered the pioneering CBSE elective course for classes XI and XII, “Knowledge Traditions and Practices of India” (KTPI).
- Currently, he is Chairman of the Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla.
- Most important of all, he is the author of the Encyclopedia of Hinduism
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Name: Manushi Trust
A/c No: 921010044743603
IFSC Code: UTIB0001148
Branch: Jasola, New Delhi - 110025
Type: Current Account
To support Manushi, please click on this link:
We urge you to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Join us on:
? Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/madhu.kishwar1
? Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/madhupurnimakishwar/
? Twitter: https://twitter.com/madhukishwar
? Website: https://www.manushi.in/
? Email: [email protected]
? Telegram: https://t.me/manushiIndia
Manushi Trust was instituted in 1979 to provide the legal and organizational base for publishing Manushi - A Journal about Women & Society which was founded in 1978. Apart from publishing the journal ( whose print edition was discontinued in 2008 when we faced murderous attacks and endless harassment due to our work for street vendors), Manushi Trust has been involved in a whole range of activist interventions.
(For a Brief Glimpse of Manushi's engagements over the last four decades, click here https://www.manushi.in/about-us)
From its very inception, Manushi founder & Managing Trustee, Madhu Kishwar took a policy decision not to accept foreign funding or government grants in order to retain the independence and autonomy of the organization.
Aims & Objectives: MANUSHI has endeavoured to contribute towards finding effective solutions for the economic, political, social and civilizational challenges confronting India today through patient study, a non-partisan approach, live interaction with the people concerned, and culturally sensitive, informed activism. MANUSHI seeks out practical and creative ideas to meet the challenges of our times and avoids falling into the trap of deadening ideologies.
MANUSHI is neither Left-Wing Nor Right-Wing. We are Truth Wingers.
- Social Harmony, Not Social Fragmentation;
- Religious Freedom, Not Religious Tyranny;
- Equity, Not Special Rights;
- Legitimate Concerns of All, Illegitimate Demands of None;
- Cultural Freedom, Not Cultural Slavery to Alien Norms;
- Community Bonding, Not Narcissistic Individualism;
- Citizenship Rights, Not Communal Tyranny in the Name of Minority Rights;
- Our Right to Historical Truth, Not Fake Narratives to Protect Enemies of Bharat;
- The right to reclaim the vandalized heritage of Bharatvarsh & assert its civilizational integrity in all domains: social, political, educational, cultural, and dharmic.
Manushi Trust also publishes books, makes documentary films and undertakes a whole range of activities, including legal aid and PIL work, through the modest resources generated by the sales and subscriptions of our publications.
Manushi Founder, Madhu Kishwar describes her work as "labour of love" and has ensured that her lifelong commitment to Resurgent Bharat is one of giving, not of taking. She has never accepted any monetary fee on account of her work for Manushi. Instead, she has continuously sustained Manushi from her own earnings as a professor and writer.
Manushi has managed to stay alive on a shoe-string budget for over four decades on the strength of dedicated volunteers that came from different parts of India as well as abroad. Though we have a small team of paid staff, we welcome volunteers and interns.